Hello! My name is Amanda Heffelfinger and I am the School Counselor here at EMES. The 2016-2017 school year will mark my second year as a school counselor. I'm so thankful to have been given the opportunity to work with your students and look forward to an awesome year!
I am originally from Bedford, VA but moved to Montgomery County in 2007 to attend school at Virginia Tech where I received a degree in Psychology and Human Development. In May 2015, I received my Master of Education in School Counseling at Liberty University and, shortly after, was offered a job here in Elliston.
As the school counselor at EMES, I perform the following roles in order to promote the academic, career, and personal development of all students:
- Individual counseling,
- Small group counseling,
- Large group classroom counseling,
- Attending and participating in academic intervention meetings,
- Observing students in various school environments,
- Consulting and collaborating with parents, teachers, administrators, students, and community agencies,
- Responding to school crises or emergency situations, and
- Providing information and resources to parents on a variety of issues.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you might have. I am ready to offer full support in any area that I can.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your school family! I look forward to meeting and working with all students and families throughout the year.